Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hi, my name is Carolyn, and I like to knit.

Happy new blog post to me! After much thought (a whole 2 seconds), Miss Ifi and I decided to make a joint knitting/artsy blog. To join the world of other blogging knitters out there! It's all very exciting. Plus, I love to ramble. Well, onwards to the knitting.

Fetching Fingerless Mitts

Pattern by: Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Paton's Merino in the colour Peacock
Needles: 4mm double point
Started: Thursday March 22nd
Finished: Saturday March 24th (I think..)

My thoughts on knitting Fetching:
This was a very quick and enjoyable pattern to knit, taking only an evening or so to knit per mitt for myself. The cables would be excellent for someone who is a little intimidated to try a cabled pattern as it's very simple. This was also my first thumb ever! The instructions were very clear on it, and I didn't have any thumb issues. Downsides, the top edge has a tendency to curl a little, and for wearing symmetry, on the right thumb you'll have to adjust where it's placed. Other then that, I'm very happy to wear my girly mitts!

Also, in my hand, you can see the first sleeve of my Carolyn cardigan. (Hooray for having the patterns name!) I can't wait to wear it, the wool feels so cuddly...

In other crafting news, I made some demo cards for my mom's card making workshop this coming weekend.
She's teaching about reverse embossing which can be seen on the left card. I have one more to make up, something a little more masculine, but still spring-ish. I was having kitty issues while having my little photo shoot, so you may notice Tiffany's whiskers in the picture. She just loves cameras.


In other exciting news, in the second half of February this year, I joined a site called peerTrainer, it's a place to be encouraged by your peers to lose weight, eat healthier, etc. A month and a half later and I've lost: 9.5lbs!!! Today is amazing to me now! So happy!

No comments: